Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Backyard rock wall and planting bed.

I am about 90% done with the back rockwall and raised bed.  I need to add 1/2" river rock to the crevases between the boulders to give the wall a smooth finished look, but the structure it self is done.  I estimate that I used close to 20 yards of scrapings from gardenville to fill it in.  You can also see that my grass is all but gone.  I plan on re-sodding in spring, once I have all hardscape completed.  





From the aerial view you can see the two trees in the center of the frame.  I did not want to bury these trees so I created a little "cut-out" of the bed.  I did the same for the group of trees on the far left (almost out of view.)  Once I stood back and examined it I realizied that I could "connect" the two cut-outs, by contuining the rock on the oposite side of the fence.  This gives the apearance of the straight fence cutting through the flowing bed and really breaks up the straight lines.



You will also see that I am going to create a stepping stone path through this bed.  This will actually connect to my gravel paths thus creating a full loop for stroling the garden.



The big wide open space on the far lef side of the bed (in front of the privacy fence) is where we are going to create a play ground for the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment