Sunday, October 2, 2011

Garden Pathways: Semi Completed

The pathways are dug out and filled in.  I am really happy with the shape and curvature of them all.  Four pathways converge into a patio of sorts.  I dug all of the pathways out about 3-4 inches below the existing grade of the lawn.  I then filled them in with 3/8" Texas Blend Pea Gravel from Gardenville.  I like the pea gravel because it provides superior drainage and with 3 dogs it doesnt stick to their feet like decomposed granite does. There will eventually be a natural rock edging...(I have part of the pathway semi-complete.)  I love a natural rock edging, but I am very particular with how it is installed.  Just for the record, what you see below is very very rough draft.  Once completed, it will be very uniform.








No comments:

Post a Comment